Brenda
Brenda
  • Bluefield, VA
Asked on Dec 29, 2018

How can I use a file cabinet?

Fiddledd224Abigail EllisBetsy
+1

• Redcatcec

Hi Brenda,

What is your project with a file cabinet?

Hi Brenda: Must be file cabinet questions day:) I just answered this same question for 3 others. Here's what I said I did: Well, I've done a couple of things with my file cabinets. I had 2 that were 2 drawers high. I painted them a nice colour, spread them apart about 3 feet and put a board on top that was as deep as the cabinet and fit to the far edges of the cabinets. Then, I got a chair, painted that to contrast, put it between the cabinets, under the wood and used it as a work station for my kids to do their homework. The drawers were used to keep their materials, toys, etc. With the taller ones, I did the same thing and use them to hold my crafting items and have a nice top to work on:) Good luck.

• Fiddledd224

If you can find another one the same size, make a desk/sideboard/service bar by placing a plain closet door on top of both them, with the file cabinets spaced at both ends of the door. You can also paint the file cabinet with chalkboard paint and use it as a chalkboard/toy box for kids - placing small plastic binds in each drawer to hold the toys.