Asked on Dec 29, 2018

How do I clean shower tiles?

Linda SikutKmdreamerBetsy
+4

• Wanda R

ConAgra and laundry detergent

• Wanda R

Vinagar n laundry detergent

Hi Ber: Here's a site I found that might help: https://www.lifestorage.com/blog/organization/diy-cleaning-solutions/

Then, I found this: You might want to give it a try: I copied it verbatim, it's not me talking:

I bought a scrubbing wand. Then I warmed up some vinegar in the microwave. Next I filled the wand approximately halfway with vinegar, followed by blue Dawn dish detergent. The warm vinegar and Dawn mix a bit better when warm. (I read somewhere that the blue version is most effective for tub cleaning purposes. I cannot say if it is true or not. Quite honestly, I think any good dish soap would work. I always buy Dawn, and typically the blue type.) Then, I placed my vinegar and Dawn scrubbing wand in my tub so that it wouldn't be forgotten.

The next morning the vinegar and Dawn scrubbing wand impressed me. It was easy to clean. I didn't need to scrub hard since the scrubber provided the elbow grease for me. I used it as I showered, and it worked FABULOUSLY! When I got out of the shower and put on my glasses, I saw one corner that wasn't clean. I quickly took the scrubbing wand to it, and it was instantly clean.

It had been at least six weeks (likely longer) since the shower/tub had been cleaned, yet with the Dawn and vinegar power in the scrubbing wand, my tub came clean with minimal effort. Even the textured non-slip surface was free of grime.

Good luck

• Kmdreamer

I use Clorox cleanup and a scrubby

• Kmdreamer

Get a cleaner that removes soap scum and use a scrubby and go!

• Linda Sikut

Hi there,

Happy New Year! I always use baking soda with vinegar & Dawn for this kind of cleaning. Make a paste with baking soda & water. Spread it on the tiles, then spray on a vinegar & water (50/50 mix) with a few drops of Dawn mixed in. Let the baking soda and vinegar work. You can even walk away, sit down & have a cup of coffee while the solution works. The last step is to rinse everything. I use the hand-held shower that we have so it's easy. Sometimes I polish it with a soft or microfiber cloth and sometimes I just let it air dry. There should not be any water "stains" due to the baking soda making the water soft so that it runs off the tiles. Wishing you the best.