Asked on Dec 29, 2018

How do I choose the best mat for my porch?

OlivaJeanette SMogie
+3

• Joy30150932

Cocoa mats pick up all kinds of debris from shoes and boots and are made for wet weather and actually take years before they tear or rot out.

• Olive harte

I have found. over the years, I have tried many, and the longest lasting one is the coco backed is the best for heavy muddy feet , but it is hard to clean except you clean it in summer in the yard. the rubber backed and carpet front mat you buy in any carpet shop is best over for wet and cleaning, also for children. it is cheep to replace too.

• Jeanette S

The mat you choose depends on your location. For a sandy, beachy type area, get the coconut mat. All you have to do then is shake it out and then clean it as needed.

If you live in an area with a lot of rain and snow, you will need a large rubber backed carpet type mat! Yes, they are cheap and easily replaced.

Years ago we bought rubber mats from Stanley Steamer and LOVE THEM. They have a surface that gets the dirt and grime off shoes. It rarely snows here in Atlanta and I put a rubber backed carpet mat on top when it does snow.

Of course, people have to stomp their feet when it snows and take off their shoe before walking into the house. There is no mat that will dry wet shoes.

• Oliva

If you're in the Northern tier, where elements can be brutal, look to see if the mat requires a porch overhang/roof. Not all mats sold across the country are designed for all weather conditions.