April Vierling
April Vierling
  • Saint Cloud, FL
Asked on Dec 29, 2018

How can I repurpose a file cabinet?

LindaTinyshoesApril Vierling
+2

• Polly Fuller

paint it a pretty color and use in kids room for toys etc.

take out the drawers lay on it's side and use for garage shelves.

Hi April: Well, I've done a couple of things with my file cabinets. I had 2 that were 2 drawers high. I painted them a nice colour, spread them apart about 3 feet and put a board on top that was as deep as the cabinet and fit to the far edges of the cabinets. Then, I got a chair, painted that to contrast, put it between the cabinets, under the wood and used it as a work station for my kids to do their homework. The drawers were used to keep their materials, toys, etc. With the taller ones, I did the same thing and use them to hold my crafting items and have a nice top to work on:) Good luck.

• April Vierling

Thanks for all the great ideas.

• Tinyshoes

April...They can be covered with contact paper..they can be painted...you can use mod podge and paper, napkins, etc.

• Linda

They make cute night stands. Give it some spray paint and add some wood to the top and you have a nice nightstand or end table.