Philly
Philly
  • New Port Richey, FL
Asked on Dec 29, 2018

How do I repair scratches and dull spots on my kitchen oak table?

JillCathyWanda Joy Brock
+3

14 Yr Old quality table- We used polish and REJUEVENATE with little correction.The ACE man suggested a color crayon type product he has. Hnnmmmm?Another said try Lemon juice and Vegetable oik mix, Again Hmmmmmmmm?

• Suellen Hintz

I have some marker type pens I use to cover spots around the house. I've even gotten a set at a $ store but any home repair store would have them, as well as Amazon.

• Polly Fuller

I would strip it and refinish it or sand it and restain.

• Dwp7470b

I agree: Strip, Smooth, Stain and Coat or Place Glass over it. If it is a quality piece it deserves the best of care.

• Wanda Joy Brock

As a quick solution. Sand the table. Coat with polyurethane. I use a lint free cloth to apply. I suggest satin. If you use several coats of satin the finish will be glossier. I am assuming the piece does not have veneer and is solid wood. If you need to you can always strip etc. I am also assuming the original finish is polyurethane. If it is not provide additional info and a pic!

• Cathy

Before you do anything drastic, try this! Heat your iron to a medium heat. While iron heats dampen a flour sack dish towel. Do not saturate towel. Fold towel in half and lay it over dull or white spot. Hold heated iron close to towel but don't touch towel. Keep checking spot at 10 to 15 sec. Intervals. I can't express enough about dampness of towels and the height of the iron. Good luck and be patient.

• Jill

Try mayonnaise, I did it works. Be generous and leave on for 15 -20 minutes.