Dee durham
Dee durham
  • Amarillo, TX
Asked on Dec 29, 2018

How do I fill in a space between a wall and a slide in stove?

OlivaNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAElise Lynn
+3

Have about 2 inches between stovetop and wall. Need something that will not fall down to floor behind stove. Thank you.

• Polly Fuller

maybe you can find a transition strip that's wide enough in the flooring dept. of the hardware store.

• Elise Lynn

They make gap fillers in different colors for this reason. Look up on collections or carol wright company, can't cost more than $10.00. You can even paint to match or marblezied them to match counter!

• Elise Lynn

Just type them up they have been around for years. Also you could use a piece of quarter round molding and match to your colors. Even a floor saddle that is metal could work if you don't want wood so color to your stove!

• Is there anything hanging above the stove that could possibly fall down? My stove is similar, and after 18+ years, nothing has been tossed behind the stove by accident. I do pull out a couple times a year to clean behind and underneath. I have pets, but no kids, if that makes a difference.

• Oliva

Be careful about sliding in any potentially combustible article between the exterior oven wall and cabinet. It's safer to purchase the filler piece that's used at counter height, as previously suggested.