Asked on Dec 29, 2018

How can I redo a filing cabinet for kitchen use?

PamelaNan W.Jewellmartin
+1

• Deborah Perry Blankenship

Paint it or cover it with wallpaper. Drill holes in bottom for wood feet. Change out handles if desired. Without the feet cabinet will rust on the floor when you mop the floor. Great to use for pots & pans or bakeware. Good luck.

• Jewellmartin

I love Deborah’s suggestions. I would use paint or Contact paper inside and out. And I would definitely put the cabinet on wheels so I could use it as an island for food prep. A butcher block top would be great. And I would fill it with pots and pans and lids, although it could be a kitchen office in one cabinet. Interesting idea. I’d like to see what you do. Please post your photos and story on Hometalk.com. 😊

• Nan W.

Anne: Check out the adorable file makeover on this site:

http://www.oneluckyday.net/2010/05/hazelbrook-cottage.html

• Pamela

Great extra storage !!! Put pot or dish rack in the drawer to use as a lot like holder.

Use it as a place to keep spices, or table cloths , or dish cloths . A kitchen gadget drawer ! If you are looking for ways to refinish it , paint it if it's wood , paint or tile it if it's metal , or paint it with chalkboard paint !