A Simple DIY Winter Canvas
DIY...Let It Snow Canvas
After all the Holiday decorations are taken down, I like to decorate with a Winter theme. Snowflakes, Snowmen etc.
Where I live it's going to be cold for quite a few more months.
I might as well embrace it.
It’s been a while since I’ve painted with acrylics on canvas so I decided to keep my project simple.
The paint and canvas I used are from Derwent Academy.
- I painted my canvas with a mixture of Cerulean Blue, Phthalo Blue, Ultramarine Blue and Titanium White. I was going for a “snowy sky”.
- I added a few stenciled snowflakes on the corners and then splattered the canvas with titanium white paint using an old toothbrush. (I kept it really simple)
I used random chipboard letters and painted them with a mixture of Cobalt Blue and Purple Violet to make them all match.
After the letters had dried, I stamped them with silver ink.
I used my Xyron 9″Creative Station* to add adhesive to the back of the chipboard letters before adhering them to my canvas.
I even used it on the large white wood snowflake.
I added the canvas to an antiqued silver frame for a cute Winter Decoration.
Here's what I used:
- Derwent Academy Acrylic Paints, 24 pack*
- Derwent Academy 8″ x 10″ Stretched Canvas
- Derwent Academy Artist Brush Set, 8 pack
- Derwent Academy Paint Palette
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go