Sue Eldred
Sue Eldred
  • Washington, IL

DIY...Let It Snow Canvas

$30

After all the Holiday decorations are taken down, I like to decorate with a Winter theme. Snowflakes, Snowmen etc.

Where I live it's going to be cold for quite a few more months.

I might as well embrace it.

let it snow canvas

A Simple DIY Winter Canvas

let it snow canvas

It’s been a while since I’ve painted with acrylics on canvas so I decided to keep my project simple.

let it snow canvas

The paint and canvas I used are from Derwent Academy.

• I painted my canvas with a mixture of Cerulean Blue, Phthalo Blue, Ultramarine Blue and Titanium White. I was going for a “snowy sky”.
  • I added a few stenciled snowflakes on the corners and then splattered the canvas with titanium white paint using an old toothbrush. (I kept it really simple)
let it snow canvas

I used random chipboard letters and painted them with a mixture of Cobalt Blue and Purple Violet to make them all match.

let it snow canvas

After the letters had dried, I stamped them with silver ink.

let it snow canvas

I used my Xyron 9″Creative Station* to add adhesive to the back of the chipboard letters before adhering them to my canvas. 

I even used it on the large white wood snowflake.

let it snow canvas

I added the canvas to an antiqued silver frame for a cute Winter Decoration.

let it snow canvas

Here's what I used:

Sue Eldred