Sweet Decorative Dotty Wooden House Number Plaque

$3

I wanted to use a beautiful piece of flat wood i found on a walk recently in the local forest. I also wanted to make something useful and decorative for the house. I came up with a unique house number plaque for outside that is easy and fun to make and used up some little dotty tile-beads I had left over from another creative project..

Sweet decorative wooden House number plaque

The raw slice of wood is approx 8 ins x 5 ins and firstly needed to sand it smoother to get rid of hard sharp bits and give it a flatter base to decorate.

Slice of raw wood

The sanding process takes about 5 mins and I used a Black & Decker mouse sander.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
Sanding the wood smooth

The wood in order to protect against UK rainy weather is best to be treated with a protecting stain and I used Ronseal One coat fence life in Red Cedar. Brush it into all the crevices and leave to dry a few hours.

Adding coat of Ronseal weatherproof stain

I then made a template of the house number in paper and glued in position with Unibond PVA waterproof adhesive ready for my chosen sweet colorful decorative plastic dotty beads. You could use any variation of tiles or glass beads that you prefer.

Paper number glued onto wood

Adding the pretty colourful dots over the paper number with Unibond PVA adhesive.

Fixing decorations onto the wood

Adding a final seal of matt Daler Rowney Varnish to protect and let it dry.

Varnish the decoration to seal.

Place into position outside your house!

I think the result is so sweet!

15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas