Asked on Dec 30, 2018

How do I paint my peel and stick bathroom floor tile?

Deb KGkPha34332273
+1

I'd like to freshen up my bathroom floor. I have peel and stick tile on it now. What paint do I use,how do I do it, or does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks

• Pha34332273

Don’t paint it - pull up the old & lay new tiles — that’s why people use peal-n-stick (easy & inexpensive)!

• Deb K

Hi Linda, choose the correct paint. Ordinary latex enamel might look good for a while, but it's not durable enough for a floor. Instead, use a porch and floor paint that's made to hold up to foot traffic. Applying two coats of paint over two coats of primer will help make the finish more impervious.

• Gk

It's not always very easy to pull up the peel and stick tiles. If you choose to remove them heat them with a hair dryer to see if you can get the corners loose, and then start pulling. Here's a selection of Hometalk projects regarding painting vinyl floors: https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=paint%20vinyl%20floors

• Deb K

ps you can pick any color and design any style you like! Even stencils will work