Cleaning the Tub Without Breaking Your Back

$1

Finding the best soap scum cleanser is only half of the job in cleaning your tub out. Bending over and scrubbing it kills my knees and back. There is an easier way to do this!

Use a cheap broom for the "scrubbing"! Dollar tree is a good option if you have one but Amazon has options as well.

A 50/50 solution mix of blue Dawn dish soap and white vinegar is the best cleanser ever!

50/50 means for example 1 cup Dawn and 1 cup vinegar. Or just eyeball it and put equal amounts in.

I usually use an empty water bottle and pour the Dawn in with the white vinegar.

Shake it up before using but there's enough for several uses even in this small bottle.

Pour some into the tub...

Use your clean broom to swish the solution all around the bottom sides and all. Using the broom is much easier way to scrub then kneeling.. I keep this broom specifically just for cleaning the tub out.

It does a very good job cleaning the scum in there and even better if you do weekly. If it's been awhile then scrub the solution all around and let it sit for awhile before rinsing.

Then simply use the shower head to rinse everything including the broom. I really recommend a removable shower head- it makes life much easier and they are not too expensive on Amazon!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a side note when I mop the kitchen a broom like this helps those areas that need some scrubbing.

• Beck Yvette

Is Dawn just DISH SOAP? in Europe we don't have Dawn...

• Yvette

How does it smell?

• Mary Smith

The vinegar smell goes away, leaving only a lean smell.

• Linda

I have three tubs at my house. We have both a tub and shower in the Master's bathroom, so we don't use the tub, which is also oversized. I also have a large window behind the tub and thought that it would be great to convert this area to a kind of conservatory. Do you have any ideas? I have the water source right there.

• Lesli

Best hack ever!

• Sharon Johnson

Better still, combine the dish soap and vinegar in a spray bottle. Leave the bottle in the shower. The entire shower area, including the tiles with the vinegar and soap solution every time you use the tub or shower. Wipe it down quickly with a scrubby sponge. That's all it takes, and it's worth the tiny effort. The build up of gunk will be greatly diminished. You won't need to scrub as hard when you do pull out that broom.