Cleaning the Tub Without Breaking Your Back

$1

Finding the best soap scum cleanser is only half of the job in cleaning your tub out. Bending over and scrubbing it kills my knees and back. There is an easier way to do this!

cleaning the tub without breaking your back

Use a cheap broom for the "scrubbing"! Dollar tree is a good option if you have one but Amazon has options as well.

A 50/50 solution mix of blue Dawn dish soap and white vinegar is the best cleanser ever!

50/50 means for example 1 cup Dawn and 1 cup vinegar. Or just eyeball it and put equal amounts in.

I usually use an empty water bottle and pour the Dawn in with the white vinegar.

Shake it up before using but there's enough for several uses even in this small bottle.

Pour some into the tub...

Use your clean broom to swish the solution all around the bottom sides and all. Using the broom is much easier way to scrub then kneeling.. I keep this broom specifically just for cleaning the tub out.

It does a very good job cleaning the scum in there and even better if you do weekly. If it's been awhile then scrub the solution all around and let it sit for awhile before rinsing.

Then simply use the shower head to rinse everything including the broom. I really recommend a removable shower head- it makes life much easier and they are not too expensive on Amazon!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a side note when I mop the kitchen a broom like this helps those areas that need some scrubbing.

• Barbara Wolf

Is it ok for septic tanks

• Sandra Frosch

Overloading a septic system with the dawn detergent is not a good idea. You have bacteria that breaks down the waste. Upset that balance and your asking for trouble.

• Margarita de Palacios

Do you use regular dish soap or disshsoap for a machine.?

• Nancy Vogelsperger Balfe

Yes, I tried it and it worked so quickly and did a fantastic job! I used a broom from Dollar General just as you suggested! I am thrilled with the results, and it was not hard to rinse the soap away...maybe due to the vinegar? THANKS!!!

• Annette Hartigan

I noticed in the top photo that you used 3x Ultra Dawn. Is this the best choice for the cleaning project, or will original Dawn work just as well?

• Carol Cole
    Yesterday

I used a designated toilet brush on my tube before I had it taken out and a shower put in. Your idea is easier on the back.

• Linda Abbott
    30 minutes ago

Brilliant! This 75 year old lady's back thanks you!