Clean the Tub Without Breaking Your Back

$1

Finding the best soap scum cleanser is only half of the job in cleaning your tub out. Bending over and scrubbing it kills my knees and back. There is an easier way to do this!

Dollar Tree Broom

Gather Your Materials

• Cheap broom
  • Blue Dawn dish soap
  • White vinegar
  • Empty water bottle

Use a cheap broom for the "scrubbing"! Dollar Tree is a good option if you have one, but Amazon has options as well.

Make the Solution

Make the Solution

A 50/50 solution mix of blue Dawn dish soap and white vinegar is the best cleanser ever!

50/50 means for example 1 cup Dawn and 1 cup vinegar. Or just eyeball it and put equal amounts in.

Use the Empty Water Bottle

I usually use an empty water bottle and pour the Dawn in with the white vinegar.

Solution

Shake it up before using but there's enough for several uses even in this small bottle.

Pour into the Tub

Pour into the Tub

Pour some into the tub. Don't be stingy, you need to use a good amount of the solution you made. Bonus: the solution is relatively cheap so you can always make more if you need to.

Swish the Solution Around

Swish the Solution Around

Use your clean broom to swish the solution all around the bottom, sides and all. Using the broom is a much easier way to scrub than kneeling. I keep this broom specifically for cleaning the tub out.

Scrub

Scrub

It does a very good job cleaning the scum in there and even better if you do weekly. If it's been a while then scrub the solution all around and let it sit for a while before rinsing.

Rinse

Rinse

Then simply use the shower head to rinse everything, including the broom. I really recommend a removable shower head- it makes life much easier and they are not too expensive on Amazon!

As a side note, when I mop the kitchen a broom like this helps those areas that need some scrubbing.

Know of any other quick DIY cleaning hacks? Let me know in the comments down below.

• Elizabeth Fernandez

My sister-in-law gave me this suggestion and I bless her every time I clean my bathroom tub and shower. The bonus is that when you are standing you have great leverage for cleaning and your back and knees will thank you. Thanks for disseminating this tip more widely.

• DeEva

This is really good thing to have in the house. I have problems with my knees and back because of a trauma. Frankly speaking, I suffered for many years while making the order in our house. In the end, we came to the conclusion that the best solution for us is to call a cleaning company for general cleaning several times a year. There are some things that I can do myself, but something more serious is really dangerous for my health. We found these guys https://room413.com/ and I'm very happy that a big part of home duties are no longer my headache. Indeed, their prices are very affordable for such hard work and good results.