Asked on Dec 30, 2018

How do I remove paint off outside bricks of my home without damaging?

CindyEmKmdreamer
+3

• Deb K

Sandblasting.

• Kelli L. Milligan

My sister in law did a power wash. Took off about 60%, what wash left on looked amazing. Created a kind of salt and pepper look. Took away the need to paint every several years and the more it wears, the better it looks.

• Kmdreamer

Scrub brush

• Em

Wire brush. If it is old OIL paint, I found a matte finish paint the color of my brick and touched up where the paint had gotten into the pores of the brick. So many people had owned my home and painted the old wooden window frames I had white speckles all over. The ones I could not remove with a wire brush got touched up with the paint and from a few feet away you could not tell.

• Cindy

Hi June. I'm Cindy. I recommend using a pressure washer to remove the paint and a wire brush for bits left behind. If you don't own a pressure washer, you can rent one from your local home improvement store. June, good luck and God bless.