Dave
Dave
  • Washington, IL
Asked on Dec 30, 2018

How can I use these for other than storing?

Happy Days HometalkerAmandaMolly - Just a Little Creativity
+2

12" tall by 10" wide at the lid.How to use these creatively instead of just storing things in them?

• Gk

I decorate the space above my kitchen cabinets with tins. I switch them out with the seasons. I do open up of the the Christmas ones and fill with pine, snowflakes, snowmen, etc or arrange them in pine garland with lights. I set some of them on wood boards to change the height.

• CribbsStyle

You could spray paint them and use them as a container to hold gifts like for birthdays or a house warming. Even if you added a decorative stencil to match your decor.

• You could spray paint them with metallic silver and give them a galvanized metal look, then punch small holes in the bottom with a hammer and nail, and use them as planters on a porch or patio.

Here's a photo of how I did exactly that with two of mine.

• Amanda

Hi Dave. I use a old pop corn tin as a garbage can.

• Happy Days Hometalker

I decorate during the year and use to fill with home made Christmas cookies to give out.