Shelly L Nemeth
Shelly L Nemeth
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Gilbert, AZ

Farmhouse Love Sign

$30

Ever find something at the Dollar Tree and want to take it home and transform it? Well, that's what happened when I stumbled across this LOVE sign, and it was a home run! It screams farmhouse and it was super easy. Start off your 2019 with this fun and easy project!

farmhouse love sign

Here's what the sign looked like when I picked it up, well, not for long!

farmhouse love sign

First things first, spray the whole sign using Rustoleum Grey Hammered spray paint.

farmhouse love sign

Then let it dry, it'll kind of look like galvanized metal.

farmhouse love sign

Next, grab some brown paint and water. Using a bit of the paint mixed with water, which will act as a stain/wash, and brush on a coat of the brown.

farmhouse love sign

Then dab it with a cloth to dull the paint making it appear as metal. This looks really cool!

farmhouse love sign

The brown kind of mutes down the paint and makes it look like aged metal.

farmhouse love sign

Next, I added some moss to the O. I used a handy dandy hot glue gun to adhere it.

farmhouse love sign

Be careful not to burn your finger!

farmhouse love sign

Once it is all dry, it is ready to either be hung or set on a shelf.

farmhouse love sign

I used mine in my metal farmhouse 3 tier tray. Hope this 2019 is an amazing craft year!