Carolyn
Carolyn
  • Olathe, KS
Asked on Dec 31, 2018

How can I make a tall mobile console for my mini van?

KmdreamerKelli L. MilliganNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA

I bought a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica mini van that had an absolutely wonderful console between the front seats. I had to have an in floor ramp installed to convert it to transport a wheelchair handicap rider. That dropped the floor 13 inches and they also removed the console. I need something portable that can easily be moved so I can walk between the seats to get into the driver’s seat from my scooter. It also needs to made tall by perhaps incorporating a bottom drawer to give it height. That drawer could store occasionally used emergency equipment, etc., whereas the rest of the console would have cup holders and pockets or containers to hold things for immediate, easy, and frequent access. I think it’s probably less than ten inches wide and at least a yard deep.

• What did they do with the console they removed?

I would find a local woodworker or metal artist and come up with a design that incorporates your needs. My concern is placing it on locking wheels, but I am sure that can be worked out.

• Kelli L. Milligan

Install to the folks who customized your van, they may ideas. Will have to be road safe.

• Kmdreamer

How about something like a 3 drawer plastic chest take the weeks off use that