Asked on Dec 31, 2018

How can I paint these two pieces?

KathyEmKatie Sara Creates
+1

I'm trying to brighten up my living room - maybe beach or cottage style. I have a coffee table and an end table that I would like to possibly paint white or stencil - I'm open to any other suggestions too : )

q how can i paint these two pieces
q how can i paint these two pieces
q how can i paint these two pieces
  • Pamela

I would take off the door knobs , and cover the front of the doors with headboard . Then paint it with chalk paint and seal it with sealing wax. Replace the knobs with something more plain or vintage looking . Hobby Lobby has a great selection !!!

• Katie Sara Creates

I gave a secondhand fireplace mantel an antiqued look by covering it with off-white milk paint and finishing it with dark antiquing wax. You could do something very similar with these pieces and they would fit perfectly into your beach/cottage theme.

• Em

Beachy look would be cool. Do the cabinet with the sliding doors in white chalk paint and scuff the edges. Stencil a seahorse or seashell on each door and change to knobs to a plain seaglass colored round glass knobs. Do the coffee table in sand colored bottom with white top and glue a fat length of rope around the perimeter in the fat groove. Start at the middle of one long side so when you come around to the front you will join the edges. You will have a frayed end so glue on a large flat scallop shell to cover the edges. Add a shell on each crossed end piece.

• Kathy

I just painted two stained pieces of furniture by first covering it with deglosser and then using behr primer and paint in one. I left the top of the doors stained and painted the rest to give it that two tone look. Love it! You have great pieces there - good legs and lines. Have fun!