Brian Ewing
Brian Ewing
  • Ilion, NY
Asked on Dec 31, 2018

How do I get rid of mice?

BarbPatrick kennedyDee
+4

How do I get rid of 🐭 mice with my cat in the house I don’t want my cat 🐱 to get poisoned and I have mice in my kitchen. Thanks

• Jean Halsey

Peppermint essential oils, sticky glue mouse traps can be slid under the fridge and stove and in cabinets

• Amanda

Hi Brian. I recently bought one of those pest ultrasonic's that you plug in for my garage. It has worked so far. Mouse traps are also a option which you may have to use if you have a lot of them. You can buy ones that you can toss away. Good Luck!

• Brian Ewing

Thanks 🙏

• Oliva

Ultimately, you'll need to locate their access points and block them, to preclude recurrance. Check near doorways, under decks, porch or main roof areas, window edges, along basement entry points, etc.

If you've stacked cordwood near your home, move it farther away. Same for rock piles, building materials, etc.

Keep pet food indoors, and secured, other than when you cat is being fed. Do not leave your cat's litter box outdoors, as some people prefer to do.

Avoid bird feeders (even those put out by well intended neighbors) which attract rodents.

• Dee

If u do use the old style snap traps. Take a tooth pick and apply a dab of peanut butter in the tiny " cheese hole". Tried and true by me regularly. Place a used plastic bag on ur hand to remove the mouse over ur trash barrel.

• Patrick kennedy

if the cat is not doing its job give the cat to a friend and set out the poison. That is what cats are suppose to do or get a Pitbull and he will get rid of the mice mine does.

• Barb

Use good old fashion mice traps. Use tooties rolls. Cut a small piece off and squeeze on. Mice absolutely love tootsie rolls. Just put them where your kitty can’t get to. Though I just showed my kitties where they were and told them No and to leave it and my kitties stay away from them.