Raised Industrial Dog Feeder Tutorial

$120

Let your pups eat in style with a raised dog feeder. This tutorial leads you step by step through the process with a few notes on what NOT to do! Using some old barn wood, a few stainless steel bowls, and galvanized pipe, you can easily create a one of a kind piece for the precious 4-legged family member in your life. This project is easily customized to fit the number and size of your doggie family as well as the look of your home. If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me via my blog and please leave me some comment love!
raised industrial dog feeder tutorial, diy, how to, pets animals, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
Stylish and practical - this dog feeder will help to keep the floor clear and the woodwork free from bowl damage!
The finished product from the side, showcasing the awesome barn wood and cool black pipe.
I am very lucky to have tons of barn wood that I can use for projects and this one was inspired by this lovely piece of barn wood.
It was also inspired by my dogs' constant battle to throw their dog dishes at my white woodwork.
After marking the feed bowl outline (see my blog for a BIG tip on this step), I used a hole saw to cut a starting hole and then a jigsaw to complete the hole using the outline.
I made sure to sand out any imperfections so the dog dishes would sit flush.
I have 2 large dogs and wanted a water dish in the middle with their feed bowls on the side but this could be modified to any size dog and any number of dogs. After cutting out and sanding the holes, I used a tung oil with a low sheen finish to seal the wood.
One of the biggest money saving tips I can offer for this project is to avoid the "big box" stores and shop local. I was able to find all of the necessary pipe parts at a local hardware store. I have an exact parts list available on my blog - the link is included at the end of the post.
I assembled the parts starting with the sides and then the middle part. You may need to adjust and work with the pipe to create a flush piece. Also, measuring is a key part - you want to ensure that the pipe frame is not going to interfere with the bowl holes and will sit squarely under the board.
Once the pipe is assembled, I spray painted the pipe frame with a gloss black spray paint from Valspar.
After the paint has dried, it was time to assemble the dog feeder. It was much easier to place the board, right side down, and screw the pipe assembly onto the board.
Make sure to add food for extra doggie bonus points!

Meagan {The Charming Farmer}

• Vickie Johnson

I went to the blog and got nothing but Agriculture ads. I would like the list please. Maybe you could add it here or put it on Home Talk please.

• Sharon Gehrke Wolf

Do not do this!!! I know it seems like a nice thing to do, but it can cause real possibly fatal problems. Ask your vet about doing this. It can cause a dogs stomach to flip or something like that. It can cause the same problem that Marley died from on Marley and me.