Shona Patterson Laboy
Shona Patterson Laboy
  • Bossier City, LA
Asked on Dec 31, 2018

How do I choose the best paint for my home?

Lynn SorrellLaura CooperBetty Albright-Bistrow
+3

What’s the best paint to get to paint my bathroom, bedroom, & Office

• Deanna Nassar

The bath would do better with enamel to help shed water. The bedroom and office would look nice in a semi gloss. Both can be bought in latex for easy clean up. If you have a tray for use with a roller, cover the tray with a plastic bag. When finished just take the bag off and it's ready for a different color paint with out washing it out. To avoid paint all over your hands you can use rubber gloves or plastic bags. Before you wash up the roller; hold it over the can and scrape a putty knife or any dull knife down the length of the roller to remove as much paint as possible before washing.

• Molly Anmar

Many people LOVE Behr paint.

• Hi,

For bathrooms a high sheen is recommended so it can handle higher moisture areas. For a child's bedroom a high sheen is also recommended. For an adult bedroom and an office also used by an adult you can go with a matte or eggshell sheen. What is important to consider is higher sheens are easier to clean. Less sheen is harder to clean but also hides wall imperfections better than higher sheen paints.

• Betty Albright-Bistrow

We use Benjamin Moore paint for all our painting in the house inside and out. It is a great quality paint and goes further than most paints.

• Laura Cooper

Semi-gloss in an office or bedroom gives the room a disturbing glare. You won't notice that is the problem, but it will always feel off. Use eggshell, satin or matte in bedrooms, living rooms and offices. Bathroom and kitchen areas are best suited for semi-gloss paint for durability. This is a rule of thumb that professional designers and painters use.

• Lynn Sorrell

I use Zinsser primer and Behr paint I use Semigloss in kitchen & bathrms,hallways(high traffic easier to wipe clean) egg shell/satin in bdrms---here's info. https://www.westlakehardware.com/frequently-asked-questions/whats-the-difference-between-gloss-semi-gloss-satin-and-flat-what-are-the-best-uses-for-each/ no real rules it's what makes you happy you have to live with it