Outside Decor: DIY Pallet Wood Sign

As much as I love living in Florida, it sure is hot during the summer months! Much of my time during the day is spent indoors because of the heat unless we head to the beach {WIMPY WIMPY WIMPY}. But our summer nights are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. As soon as the sun starts to set the whole neighborhood comes to life. You can hear the children laughing, music playing and an occasional lawn mower buzzing in the background. We have family that lives on both sides of us so it’s always been a standing rule that we meet in the middle—which is our back yard! Our favorite pastime is having bonfires which is my inspiration for the sign I’m sharing with you today.
sign firepit outdoor wood, crafts, outdoor living, pallet
I made this sign for my husband for Father’s Day. I knew I wanted to do something different for him this year and of course I went straight to Pinterest. As soon as I saw this quote I knew it was perfect. For your viewing pleasure (and to give credit where credit is due), here is the original pin: Welcome to our Firepit
I started off by creating my sign from three pallet boards I had in my stash. I cut them all the same length and then attached two strips across the back of them with screws to hold them together. I then sanded the sign and painted it black. Next, I created my design in Silhouette Studio to cut in vinyl and then sized it to fit my sign.
As you can see it is much larger than my cutting mat so I used the knife tool and cut it into three sections. Most of my design was cut out of white permanent vinyl. I separated the other images to cut in the appropriate colors. Once I had each section cut and weeded, I used transfer tape to apply them to my sign.
Since I was hanging my sign outdoors I sprayed it with polyurethane sealant to help protect it from the elements. Needless to say, it was a big hit with my bunch! (And I think my husband liked it too, LOL) Signs are such an easy way to add to your party decor. For more details and photos, please visit my blog.

Glenna Anderson

• Meena M

Very cute

• Angela Gipson Corbin

Love this...Glenna do you mind sharing the fonts you used and what size of sign you made. If so please send them to me at Lifu888@aol.com. I have circut that I would love to make this for our new fire pit.