Asked on Jan 1, 2019

How can I remove sticky glue from plastic containers?

Connie BoudreauA Crafty Mix - MichelleWilliam
+2

How to remove the sticky glue from plastic containers after removing the label? I’ve tried soaking in water and it’s still sticky.

• Laura Cooper

Barbara, water doesn't usually work. Use solvents. Alcohol or goo gone are solvents.

• Cindy

Hi Barbara. I'm Cindy. I suggest using WD40 to remove that adhesive. That's what car dealers use to remove adhesive from price stickers.

Goo Gone or WD40.

• A Crafty Mix - Michelle

Hi Barbara, happy 2019. There are quite a few household products you can use to get that goo off. Try one of these - http://tipnut.com/25-helpful-items-to-remove-sticky-adhesive-goo/

• Connie Boudreau

Goo gone, WD 40, followed by windex to remove the oilly feeling from the first 2 products ( if you chiose either one) The trick is patience ! Let one of the first 2 products sit on the label for a few minutes and the label and residue come to! Do not get the label wet before attempting either product . Go gone aka goo be gone and several other knock off names all act the sane way. When opening any goo gone product stick a sewing pin or needle through the bottle seal on the inside after removing the cap. A small amount is all you need, dont waste any or spill the entire bottlevshould it fall over! Happy label removing!