(Or... each member of the family can fold their own!)
Here's a video that might help you - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPt8Z18WZnw
The easiest way is to fold things to fit in your drawer or on your shelves. There is NO "right" way.
Michelle, everybody has their own technique depending on how they store their clothes. Here's mine:
1. Fold towels and sheets first. Match all four corners, shake and lay down on a table. Fold over again to make it the size for your storage.
2. Remove socks and underwear to a separate pile for pairing
3. Put hanging clothes on hangers.
4. T-shirts fold easily by taking the bottom edge of the side seams, one in each hand, and then fold them together, lay flat and fold them up to the neck so it's in fourths.
5. Jeans can be folded in half at the waist, lay flat and fold the waist to the ankle.
I do an entire large load in less than 10 minutes this way.