Painting Stripes on Your Porch

$90
1 Day

It's summer! Time to finally get around to renovating the front porch. I saw a picture on Pinterest of a striped porch and fell in love with it, so I decided to try it myself. I'm so glad I did.
porch stripes painting diy, diy, flooring, painting, porches
Here is the before and after. Quite a big difference right? I tried to use a very light gray and white. This way the stripes wouldn't be overwhelming.
The prep took TONS of work. I won't lie. The wood is 110 yrs old. I used mostly Scotch Blue painting tape to do the lines. I just taped every forth board, so it was easy. No measuring! However, there was a lot of sanding, washing and caulking involved!
Here's the finished product! All done except for a pendent light in front of the door and some window paint scraping. Since we don't have AC, I've used this room more than any other room in the house this summer! This is our first front porch and we are loving it!
Creatively Living

• Ruth Coolen

Painting of the front porch. Can this be done on concert?

• Creatively Living

I'm assuming you mean concrete, but if you meant something else, just let me know. I believe this can also be done on concrete. You just need to find paint that is specific for concrete. SW often has good choices.

• Ruth Coolen

Painting on porch floor. Can this be doe on cement?