Nan
Nan
  • Rehoboth, MA
Asked on Jan 1, 2019

How can I help my discolored vinyl fencing?

Deb KWilliamNan
+3

I have a brown vinyl fence surrounding my yard. Parts have faded and discolored very badly from the sun. The parts in the shade are still dark brown. Is there anything I can do to help the coloring so it is not such an eye sore?

• You can paint it. Is that something you might consider?

• Nan

really don't want to that's why we went vinyl, had no idea the sun would take the color away

• Deb K

Hi Nan, Vinyl fencing can be painted. The PVC vinyl , from which siding and fencing is made, accepts 100% acrylic paints, such as the exterior paints by Behr, very well. They may be applied directly to the vinyl without a primer. However, there is a caveat: PVC vinyl expands and contracts greatly.

Krylon spray paint for plastic. Rustoleum 2X spray paint.

• Deb K

Hi Nan, they make paint that sticks to vinyl, and it is a spray on, maybe you can put a coat of it on it to even it out, but once you paint it you may have to continue painting it as required - Rustoleum is the paint