Asked on Jan 2, 2019

How do I paint blocks?

Kelly-n-TonyAnnie DohertyKen Erickson
+2

• What kind of blocks do you have?

• Mickey

wood like 2x4's you would buy at a lumber place. I'm cutting up about 300 small blocks 2"x2" on angles and need to paint all of them individually black,white and different shades of grey. painting with a bush ,not me-spray paint ok but will it absorb and i'll have to do it again? remember i have alot of blocks.any idea what kind of paint i should use?

• Ken Erickson

If you are talking about toy wood blocks, you will need a non-toxic stain or paint because kids will chew on them. If you are asking about concrete blocks in a wall, then you should prime/seal them and then roll on a good quality paint (brushing grout lines).

• Annie Doherty

I believe Ken has provided the answer, it would be good to have more information ie type of blocks, just saying.

• Kelly-n-Tony

If it's cinderblocks that's tricky as they absorb everything. They would need sealed before painting.

If it's wood blocks that's different and you can just paint them.