Asked on Jan 2, 2019

How do I organize my Christmas ornaments and decorations?

OlivaLucy Marie BernierEileen D. Cohrs
+3

I have a large collection of ceramic snowmen and snow bears. I want to protect them and keep them for a long time. Is there a way of storing them all together? I don’t want to go digging for them every year!

• Kelly-n-Tony

Storage tubs and bubble wrap are the best thing to use. Label the storage tub.

• Mogie

Store them in large plastic bins. The plastic lids lock tightly to keep this safe and dry. Mark each tub so you know what the contents are.

• Hi Eileen, I have to say that I'm a cheap and lazy decorator and I store things that way, as well. For years, I have kept my Christmas breakables wrapped in one or two grocery store bags and then stored in a large rubbermaid tub with a top. I just place individual items in the bag and wrap it around the time and then place it in another bag and do the same. I've never lost a piece. I keep a list of what's in the tub on top so I don't have to go digging through my three tubs to find what I want...or don't...for that particular year. Hope that helps!

• Eileen D. Cohrs

Thank you! I am off to Home Depot to buy tubs!

• Lucy Marie Bernier

I put my stuff in styrofoam egg crates.

• Oliva

Storage bins, bubble wrap, multiple layers of tissue paper and crumpled grocery store plastic bags, for added cushioning/protection. Label everything on the exterior and secure labels with strapping tape.