Asked on Jan 3, 2019

How can I get the edges of a rug-runner to stick to the carpet?

VimarhonorRaeIlene
+2

This rug is 2 feet by 5 feet and we are always tripping over the edges. Is there a product that will make it stay down?

• John Everett

There is a product called carpet tape that should work for you.

• Diana

Thank you--the carpet store should carry it?

• Ilene

Beware! Used carpet tape on an area rug. A/R was on top of wall to wall carpet. It was He*L getting the A/R up and there was adhesive left on the wall to wall. On flooring, tape left residue. Have you tried waffle rubber under rug materials. It is made out of

the same material as rubberized shelf liners. Good luck.

• Rae

Diana

Good luck on finding a product that works. I don't have a runner but a rug on carpet that seems to have legs of it's own. I have tried the carpet waffle rubber & triangular self sticking corners. The only things I found that actually seemed to work is a product that actually "pins" the rug to the carpet. You run them through the rug and into the carpet below. They are made on an angle and the top fits flush on the rug. I purchased them on Amazon. It did no damage to either the rug or the carpet. They are Wise Linkers rug settlers. Hope this helps.

• Vimarhonor

Hello Diana,

Please have a look here. The reviews look good.

I hope you find a solution that works.

https://www.amazon.com/Curl-Stop-Anti-Curling-System-Corners/dp/B005BYNCZK