Asked on Jan 3, 2019

How can I seal my wreath for my front door?

BeFrugalFamilyTimes.comArchie C Milligan
+3

I placed my wreath on a covered front door. The next morning from the due the floor was dripping with oils from the various materials used on the wreath. It created a real mess. Could I spray it with a water repellant or maybe a silicone or any suggestions would truly help. The Wreath is beautiful & I hate to dispose of it. Be

• Chas' Crazy Creations

If you hope to leave it outside, then I would definitely spray it with a sealer of some sort. You night try a spray paint clear coat/sealer, then after that dries spray it again with a water repellent.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

What kind of materials did you use? I've never had anything like that happen before... but yes, you can always spray it with a sealer of some kind. They should be able to tell you what to use at your local hardware store.

• Archie C Milligan

You need to pressure wash it first to remove as much of the green as you can, and then paint it with your choice of methods Brush, roll, or spray.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

What is the wreath made of?

• Be

Thank you everyone. I appreciate the response back to me so quickly I will go to Lowes or Home Depot and get a sealer then waterproof it. Thanks again!