Jean W
Jean W
  • Tavares, FL
Asked on Jan 3, 2019

How do I get the shower curtain to keep water from getting out?

Jean WHazelyn Macapagal AshLynn Sorrell
+2

How do I get the shower curtain to stay on the plastic shower body in a standup shower so no water gets out? The dimensions are 52x 72 hung on a curved rod with a step over, 4“ high.

• NCbulldoglover

My bet is the problem is the curved rod holds the curtain outside the lip. Try a straight rod. I understand why the curved rod for more room but if will defeat the purpose of the curtain as it holds the curtain further out at the top thus pulling it out at the bottom. My son has a similar shower with a straight rod and no water gets out of his shower. The curtain needs to be able to hang straight down inside the 4" lip.

• Cynthia H

Hi Jean! I have had the same problem. I attached Command hooks on the outer edge of the shower stall (use ones intended for wet areas), and hooked the edge of the curtain to the hooks while I was in the shower. You can attach a loop or grommet to where you want to attach it. I also have used velcro.

• Lynn Sorrell

hang the rod lower or get longer/bigger shower curtain so it stays inside the enclosure

• Hazelyn Macapagal Ash

You hang the rod inset a bit and lower so inner curtain (clesr plastic) sits inside shower while decorative look flat on outside of shower well

• Jean W

Thank you to all those for their valuable input. Really appreciate your feedback. 🙏This site rocks👍