Asked on Jan 3, 2019

How can I power wash a shower?

GkRaeAnn|The  Apple Street Cottage

I have terrible arthritis in my hands and cant scrub my shower. Would a power washer help? What model or brand should I use? What would be the best way to get the job done? Thank you!

• I would be concerned about damaging the shower, especially if it is tiled. Here's how I clean mine:

Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 solution of Dawn dish soap and vinegar. Spray it on the shower walls and base and let it work. If there are tougher stains, you may have to scrub with a plastic scrubbie!

• Rae

I truefully wouldn't recommend a power washer! Most are way to high of pressure and can do damage not to mention the awkward handeling of a pressure washer that includes the hose. There are many products out there now to help with the reach and bending needed. Go to Amazon and do some research. Many are rotary or comparable.

• Gk

Black and Decker makes several battery operated hand held power scrubbers Hurricane Scrubber is another brand. Here's one Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-ScumBuster-Cordless-SB400/dp/B005OQIFXY

• Kim

Thanks so much! I went to the site you listed and bought scrubbers for my drill. Now hubby can scrub! Very helpful!!