Asked on Jan 3, 2019

How can I put plastic lattice on ceiling and make it stay & look good?

Laura ThornhillMarion NesbittMona Blake
+15

The ceiling is light blue with clouds painted on and is a textured finish

• Kelli L. Milligan

I like it as is. If I was goo g to put lattice up it would be white. But I like it as is. Very nice.

• Jim

Liquid nail should work providing the lattice is not too heavy. The lattice will need to be supported for the liquid nail to setup.

• Lonny Reever

You will need to use liquid nail to glue to ceiling. I would use some small nails to support the lattice while the glue sets up. You may have to add something to cover the seams after everything is setup. If you plan on changing ceiling color do before installing lattice.

• Kelly-n-Tony

The wood lattice won't sag like the plastic lattice.

• Redcatcec

A wood lattice would work probably better than plastic. Any significant amount of heat would soften the plastic and cause it to sag from gravity and anything you may attach to it.

Liquid nail should also be a good product to make it adhere to the ceiling

• V Smith

I would find the cieling joists and screw the lattice to the cieling, then touch up the screw heads with paint. That would make it easy to remove and fewer repairs to the cieling when you take it down. I think glue would be a big mess going up and coming down.

• Sau1244706

A girlfriend went with lattice in her bedroom. Also used bead board on ceiling in living room. Bead board was considerably easier to put up, maintain & clean. Lattice work can be difficult to clean & later paint when necessary. Just thoughts.

• Janice

I am looking at the long haul and would recommend screwing the lattice to the studs of the ceiling. I wouldn't use the liquid nails as when you decide to remove the lattice it will be a big mess and probably will result in having to retexture the entire ceiling. If you never plan to redo the lattice, then no problem using liquid nails, however supporting it while it dries may be a problem.

• Greys4me

If the lattice is attached to the popcorn ceiling with liquid nails wouldn't it come down if the popcorn ceiling should come loose? I would think it wound need to be nailed to the drywall. Just wondering.

• Marie M

We screwed ours .

Looks great!

• Mona Blake

Yes, you would have to vacuum it.

• Marion Nesbitt

Do you want the lattice so the room looks like an outdoor patio? or to hide the clouds...or to hide the popcorn ceiling? Find the clouds a bit tacky. If I had the budget, I'd drywall over, get a molding for the join between ceiling and walls, and paint.

• Marion Nesbitt

Hi Morgan This would work, too. Just thinking drywall would be cheaper. And if they resell.... beadboard may be hot right now, but down the road? ...and as a prospective buyer, I'd think the beadboard was put up to hide water or some other type of damage.

• Marion Nesbitt

Are you wanting to create a patio feeling? or wanting to hide the cloud paint....or hide the popcorn ceiling? Cheaper and less headache to drywall over it, get some molding and paint.

• Laura Thornhill

Hate popcorn,we sprayed our with water/vinegar solution and scraped it off..worth it!!!