Ruth
Ruth
  • Reno, NV
Asked on Jan 3, 2019

How can I turn a small hospital bed into an attractive looking bed?

Frances Muller DunneDDKelli L. Milligan
+1

I live in a small studio apartment which is basically my bedroom, living room and study. I am disabled and have a small ugly hospital bed. I would like to make it attractive with color and a headboard.

• Mona Blake

You can make the headboard out of a bookcase, a board, a piece of styrofoam, whatever you have or can pick up. When we were first married, we used a piece of plywood on the back of a bookcase. I stained the plywood to match the bookcase. This was a great space saver!

• Kelli L. Milligan

Apply headboard directly to wall. Can be anything from a door, gate or a colorful upholstered headboard. You can spray paint your frame add a pretty bedspread

• DD

Hi Ruth how about adding a nice bed skirt to hide the mechanical parts of the bed, you could make a fabric sleeve to cover both the head and foot and tie to the legs similar to securing a chair pad to a kitchen chair. If you use the side rails I would do the same as the head and foot. add a comforter and a sham and it will look just like a regular bed.

If you what it to serve as sitting I would put it against a wall add the about but put a few pillow with shams against the wall and add a few throw pillows

Hope that will start the wheels turning :) would love to see what you decide to do send pictures please.

Good luck with your project

• Frances Muller Dunne

Pinterest has some pictures that might give you some ideas. I put in making a hospital bed pretty.