How to Make a Penny Ball for Your Garden

After finding the inspiration on Pinterest, we knew we just had to make one for ourselves. We love the finished product and can't wait to make more of these simple garden features!
how to make a penny ball for your garden, crafts, how to
We started by collecting all our old pennies and then headed to the thrift store for a round object to adhere them to. Ends up that bowling balls are the perfect medium. They are sturdy and will hold up really well to the outdoor elements like weather and heat.
Next up we welded a stand so the ball could be stationary--and not roll off our deck!
The finished product is proudly displayed on my deck (and in my daughter's flower bed).
Make sure to check out our full post to learn more!
Karli Freeman Millspaugh

• Barbara Cook

Can you please repeat the beneficial goodness of the penny ball...thank you

• CeeJay

The copper/water runoff is also supposed to repel slugs. Especially nice with hostas.

• Liz

what did you use to glue the pennies on?

• Veronica Davenport

In my old house's attic---the final resting place for everything imaginable---I found my Dad's old candlepin bowling balls. I am planning some penny things and just some decorations for my pots in the garden. Let the outdoor fun begin (Yes, we are having a snow/sleet/ice day here in southern Maine)

• Phyllis

DAP All-Purpose Adhesive Sealant, 100% Silicone this is what she finally used per her blog