Asked on Jan 4, 2019

How do I organize my computer desk?

OlivaJlnattyLynn Sorrell
+3

How do I organize my computer desk with papers I need to file system that works and is easy for all my bills and receipts

• Mogie

I just have an inbox and a ready to pay box. New bills go in the inbox and after opening and recording due dates on the calendar they then go into the to pay box. Receipts go into a file and are sorted when necessary. Find it easier to keep all tax related items on their own level or drawer of the my cabinet.

• Nancy Turner

If you don't have a vile cabinet, get a couple of the plastic expanding file folders that have a section for each month. Put the due date for bills on your calendar, put them in the other folder once paid. Anything you can use on your taxes, put in the first folder where you keep only the tax things once the bills are paid.

• Morgan McBride

I got a plastic file holder that is one drawer. I used hanging folders to organize my papers. Good luck!

• Jlnatty

I have a wire rack file holder that fits on a shelf on a tall bookcase in my "den/office" and use letter size manila file folders. I have labeled folders for (insert year) Income Taxes and all receipts for charity giving, real estate/property taxes, mortgage interest payments, etc. is kept in it; (insert year) Medical Expenses; (insert year) Homeowners Insurance policy; separate labeled files for my health insurance supplemental policy in which any amendments to the policy are filed so I have the policy and any amendments all in one place, and the same for my prescription drug insurance. Unpaid bills are kept in a shallow tray on my kitchen counter where I see them continually. Paid bills are kept in a folder and then shredded and recycled when the next bill is paid, which then goes into the folder. This is simple and works for me

• Oliva

Using a file cabinet or files in a deep drawer on a hanging folder system as Jlnatty mentioned keeps things out of sight, but readily available. Color coding labeled tabs and alphabetizing folders makes location faster.