Wendy W
Wendy W
  • Milford, OH

Living Room Makeover

When we moved into our home four years ago, we filled the living room with furnishings from our old home & left it for several years. The look did not fit well with the rest of our decor & I recently decided it was time for a makeover. I really liked the look of monochromatic, neutral rooms with pops of color in the accessories, so that is the look I set out to recreate.
living room makeover, home decor, living room ideas
After giving the room a coat of Dusty Trail by Olympic Paints, we purchased the Carmen sofa from Pier One. Then, I spray painted a $40 coffee table gold, which gave it a much more glamorous look. The rest of the furniture in the room was used & in need of improvement.
I made over the china cabinet by giving it a coat of black paint & adding a mirror where glass had once been. I also reupholstered the side chairs with a neutral zebra print fabric.
I bought this pair of chairs for $40 at an antique store & gave them a makeover with new stain & upholstery.
I reupholstered four chairs & made over a china cabinet by painting it black & adding a mirror where there was once glass so we could use it for storage. After adding Ikea curtains, hand-sewn pillows, printable art, & accessories, the room was finished.
We purchased the Carmen sofa from Pier One. The coffee table came from Garden Ridge & was given a few coats of gold spray paint. The botanical art was printed (for free) from vintage printables.
Before

To see more: http://designedtodwell.blogspot.com/2014/07/revealing-living-room.html