Evelynn
Evelynn
  • Jefferson City, MO
Asked on Jan 4, 2019

How to remodel a long, narrow bathroom?

GrandmasHouseDIYDebbie Griffis Condelario

I have an outdated long, narrow bathroom. What can I do to modernize it and make it look bigger?

• Debbie Griffis Condelario

I would do a mirrored wall across from sink

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi Evelynn! Could you add some pictures for us?

To help with narrow spaces feeling tight lighter paint colors is a good place to start. Floating bathroom vanities (so your feet can go under them) also help make a narrow space feel wider. If you have outdated shower doors replacing them with simple curtains would also really open up the room. If there's any type of extra walls (such as a privacy wall to conceal the toilet) you may want to consider removing it.

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Removing the tile might be an idea, it would give you another inch around the room. That's not a lot but if its real narrow every inch counts lol

If you don't feel like totally removing the door you could just cover it with builtin shelves etc and paint it out in your wall color so you can't tell its a door.