The Perfect Patio

$250

When we moved into our house a little over a year and a half ago the backyard was a little overwhelming. Actually that is an understatement.. It was terrifyingly overwhelming! In our subdivision, we have an oddity of a backyard. It's almost a third of an acre! We have 10 separate houses with backyards that back up to ours! Being the crafty person I am I have been trying to figure out what to do. So I

the perfect patio

The finished patio!

the perfect patio

The before. Beige and boring.

the perfect patio

Super expansive area! And super ugly!

the perfect patio

To the left of the patio are the two fence panels with a rug on top. Still working on finishing the base which will be a two by four playing all the way around the perimeter.

the perfect patio

This Hutch is one of my first projects I posted on hometalk. I still love it and it looks great on the patio. In order to hang the TV above it I needed to add some support beams. I bought some two-by-fours and nail them into the fascia and then used Liquid Nails at the base to glue it to the concrete patio. Painted that charcoal black as well

the perfect patio

My favorite part is the stenciled floor! It is so dramatic and stunning. Definitely not beige and boring any more! The how-to's will be listed in another project page.

the perfect patio

Such a difference with a little bit of paint right?

the perfect patio

love the start to our backyard! excited to keep building on it. I'm looking forward to sharing all of the details! Look for my post on stenciling floors and building a deck out of fence panels. Hope you like the new look!

• Behr outdoor paint - Midnight Black  (Home Depot)
  • Thompson Stain - Cognac  (Walmart)