Farmhouse Succulent or Candle Holders

$20

This one is great, you can use it for really whatever you'd like, but I figured they make the perfect fit for candles or a small plant- like a succulent! Here's what I did.

farmhouse succulent or candle holders

First, grad the wood piece you'd like to use.

farmhouse succulent or candle holders

I cut mine in to 3 different sizes for some variety. ( 5", 8", and 10") Then I stained them each a nice dark walnut color.

farmhouse succulent or candle holders

Next I use my 2" bit to drill a recessed hole to the tops of each. This little space will hold my succulents. I went about an inch and a 1/2 deep.

farmhouse succulent or candle holders
Check out how clean the tool makes the hole! make sure to drill out the hole before staining. ( I made a whole bunch today and my arm was (numb so I did this set after... I needed a break
farmhouse succulent or candle holders

I added Spanish moss and hot glued the artificial succulents in the little space I made for them. I then distressed the edges with sand paper and added twine for a little visual interest.

farmhouse succulent or candle holders

Here are a few others I did you can also use with votive and make candle holders. I also used some real succulents in a few of them, really this can be used in many ways!

farmhouse succulent or candle holders

If you make a set of them, they look great stacked up as home decor, for that farmhouse rustic charm!

• Diane

How deep would it have to be if you put live plants in without the glass holders...

• Suellen Hintz

Tho they're succulents, water is needed. The wood itself wouldn't contain the water and any surface the board was placed on could be ruined, and the string or twine would discolor.