Amy
Amy
  • Hampton, VA

Green House

Someone replaced their old windows and asked if I wanted them. Of course I said yes.
greenhouse upcycle window frames salvage, diy, gardening, repurposing upcycling, windows
So I got my husband to work for me.
He is almost finished. He did a great job measuring, leveling and to make sure everything was secured.
It's completely built and now this is where I step in with cleaning and painting.
He even made me some cute shelving for my fresh herbs.
I found some pretty white shutters on the side of the road and thought this would be a great look for the front.
Added some rocks for a small pathway to the entrance of the front door.
I also added some clear decals on few of the windows. My plants are loving it!

• Georgie

Awesome project. I saved my old glass/storm doors and plan to save my old windows after I replace to new energy efficient ones. I always thought these could be used for a greenhouse later since I can add my old sliding doors and also can open and close those as needed.Hoping to recycle and save money.
    Wait.. I still need to learn how to use tools to put them together lol. Hmmm... good thing I am retiring soon..will have time for another career. Nice job guys.
  • Bonnie Marcum Plumlee

Love it ive been saving windows and doors i want one so bad