Summer Dining Room Tour & Boho Doily Bunting

Last summer we planted a couple of hydrangea bushes in our side yard and this year we have gotten some beautiful blooms.
I still kept things simple and neutral, but added in a touch more turquoise with the candles and the stool (freshly painted in my favorite General Finishes Corinth Blue).
I love collecting crocks and pottery and this was a recent $4.99 thrift store find.
I set up the buffet as a drink station. My oldest loves when we make sun tea (especially with peach flavored tea). Even the straws compliment our color scheme perfectly...I think I am a bit obsessed with the combo of white+aqua+black!
I also changed the heavier black chairs on either side of the sideboard to these chippy antique chairs that I painted with General Finishes Antique White. They add a wonderful balance of old and worn to the space.
For a bit of color and fun I created and hung this Boho Doily Bunting.
This is so simple to make. Just purchase a few fabric doilies at the thrift store (and yes, I was hoarding them because an elderly lady was also looking through the stash). Let's make doily crafts cool again for the younger generations, OK?
I left the creamier colored doilies natural, and the white doilies got transformed with some Rit Dye. (Just follow the directions on the bottle.) I used Aquamarine and Teal for this project.
Once they were dried and ironed I strung them together with twine Since the doilies were a little floppy when they were hung up, I supported them with a tiny bit of poster putty stuck to the mirrors.

Number Fifty-Three

• Mcgypsy9

Definitely not my style, but you did a beautiful job! Everyone's taste is so different. I would dip the doilies in mod podge and lay flat to dry. They will definitely be stiff. : )

• Amgwalsh

Hi - There is an old fashioned starch that is dilluted in water and heated (the stuffest starch ever.) Soaked the dollies in the starch solution, let dry, then dampen and place in the fridge. After an hour you can iron them (be careful not to scorch the starch.) They should come out stiff as cardboard and have a slight shine. Enjoy.