Asked on Jan 6, 2019

How can I refinish a marble bathroom sink?

Joy ElizabethKmdreamerPeggy Burnette
+1

My bathroom vanity sink is old and discolored. Does anyone have tips on how to refinish it?

• Kelli L. Milligan

They make kits for that sold at Home Depot and step by step instructions are in the kit. Prep is very important. Just realize it is only temporary. Once scratched it will peel. Should hold up long enough for you to budget a replacement. Go for it.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Penny, this is Peggy. From what I have read this is possible. Here are some tips to help you. Good luck. How to Refinish Cultured Marble Vanities | Home Guides | SF Gate

1. https://homeguides.sfgate.com › Home › Home Improvement › Furnishings

If you use abrasive cleaners, however, you can scratch the shiny gel coat surface of the culturedmarble countertop. As long as the scratch isn't too deep, you can refinish the countertop with the aid of automotive finishing compound and a buffer.

• Kmdreamer

Home Depot sells a re do kit

• Joy Elizabeth

I have seen bloggers use the tub and tile kit to refinish and update cultured marble sinks.:) It looks like it works great!