Asked on Jan 6, 2019

How do I get rid of gnats without using chemical spray?

KimPastor JohnDebg
+5

I have house plants and when I water them I get a lot of gnats flying around. What can I do?

• Try neem oil. You can buy a spray bottle of it on Amazon

• Mona Blake

Spray then with 1tsp epsom salt, 1/2 cup vinegar, 2 drops dawn dishwashing soap and water to fill a quart bottle. Stir, do not shake. Spray all of the plants in your house.

• Susan

Pour about 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar in a small soda bottle and make a cone like top out of paper. Make sure the hole is small enough for them to get through and not much bigger. They will go in but cannot get out. You may have to tape the cone you make to the top. Place where they are. Works fast.

• Debg

Another idea is buy clean sand. Like aquarium sand. Spread it on the dirt around the plant. Gnats do not like sand and will not lay eggs in it. This interrupts the hatching and laying. Gnats usually gone in about two weeks

• Pastor John

I have Kant’s too so this is all helpful. Thank you all!

• Kim

Fill a spray bottle with dish soap and water so it's nice and bubbly. Spray the dirt when you water the plants - then spray the whole plant to make the leaves shine, just keep shaking the spray bottle to keep it mixed up. Works like a charm