Asked on Jan 6, 2019

How do I update this old chrome light fixture?

OCGalLagree WyndhamD.c26358811
+10

q how do i update this old chrome light fixture

Help ! As a renter who can’t replace this ugly, outdated light fixture over the medicine cabinet , I desperately need suggestions for this rusty chrome monstrosity.

• Debker

Hi, you can make this look awesome with a coat of rustoleum style metal paint in your choice of color, and by changing the bulbs to LED, if the globes are removable you can change them too. You can also put a peel and stick in your choice of style like faux wood or whatever on the chrome to cover it

• Cheryl Williamsen

Do you want the lamps to remain exposed?

Do you want to keep the contemporary look?

Is this the only light in the room?

• OCGal

Hi Cheryl ,

Absolutely hate the bulbs sticking out ! My 4 room carriage apartment tends toward the traditional/cottage, if there is such a thing . (will with several pieces passed down ) .

There is a ceiling light/with encased exhaust fan ( which is definitely not my favorite) .

• D.c26358811

Any pictures

• Lagree Wyndham

I would sand it, paint it brushed nickle or and bronze, then add vintage light bulbs, if that fits your style.

• OCGal

Good idea - where would I find vintage bulbs ?