Asked on Jan 6, 2019

How do I paint a dark wall?

Jennifer Weber FergusonNan W.Becky at Flipping the Flip
+1

Wanting to paint the inside of my house I just purchased every room has dark wall color and I will color all rooms white I tried using semi gloss white it didn't work when I tried give a second coat it just peeled off as I rolled the fresh paint on.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi this is Peggy. Painting can be a challenge, so here are some hints to help you. Good luck Painting Over Dark Colors | how-tos | DIY

1. https://www.diynetwork.com › How To › Skills and Know-How › Painting › 2012

Painting Over Dark Colors. Gather Your Materials and Tools. microfiber cloth. Clean the Walls.Painting over dark colors is easy if you have the right prep and products. Sand and Smooth theWalls. Rough up glossy patches with 220-grit sandpaper. Apply Primer and Paint. Apply primer and paint to keep dark color from ...

• Pick up a quality primer to use over the dark colors first, then paint.

• Nan W.

a simple answer: Prime first! ...seems like a lot of trouble... but SO worth it!

• Jennifer Weber Ferguson

Make sure to use a stain blocking primer first and apply two coats - allow to dry before apply the desired paint color.