Asked on Jan 6, 2019

How do I put paper bag flooring in a section at a time?

Cinda RaybonLinda SikutKelli L. Milligan
+3

I want to put it in my kitchen but going to be impossible to move refrigerator and stove for more than a day. Is it possible to install paper bag flooring, let dry then move appliances back and then finish remaining floor?

• Em

No reason why not.

• Ken Erickson

You could do that with any number of flooring projects except maybe sheet vinyl.

• Cinda Raybon

Thanks!

• Kelli L. Milligan

Will a paper bag floor be durable enough for a kitchen? Especially for cleaning. I can see it in a bedroom, but for a kitchen or bath I don't know.

• Linda Sikut

Hi Cinda,

I'm Linda and I hate to be "Debbie Downer", but the paper bag flooring needs several coats of sealer. I don't think you put on enough coats of sealer and have them fully cure or even dry in one day. Look at a few floor sealers at a local store and see how long it takes for them to dry in between coats and how long it takes for the entire project to cure. That will give you your answer. Would it be possible to temporarily move 1 or both of the appliances forward and use them that way for longer than a day? Not curing would be my only concern, because if the sealer isn't cured it won't work well. Good luck!

• Cinda Raybon

I think I can do it in 2 days