Viccie
Viccie
  • Glenham, NY
Asked on Jan 6, 2019

How do I replace ceiling tiles in my basement?

Simple Decorating TipsKelli L. MilliganJoy30150932

How do I replace ceiling tiles in my basement? We took all the tiles down to put in new electric lights and having a hard time putting in new tiles. Are there any tricks to doing this’d?

• Joy30150932

If you are talking about suspended ceiling tiles. You take the tile and turn it so it slides into the opening and then slowly turn until it reaches the correct location and it should drop into place. You may have to move the track a little to accommodate the new tile but the spaces around each tile should be equal. Watch the corners of the tile as they tend to bruise very easily.

• Kelli L. Milligan

Leave them down. We spray the ceiling and all the wires , pipes, etc a dark color like black, aubergine or navy and keep the walls light. Gives great height and of course full access when needed. Really makes a basement feel bigger.

• Simple Decorating Tips

We installed surface mounted ceiling tiles in our basement apartment. Here is the post with details about that.