DIY Drawer Organizer for Spices (Organize Spices Once and for All!!)

$5

I wanted to organize my spices ONCE and for all. We have tried a few different solutions: a lazy susan, a shelf, a set of plastic drawers. And of course just throwing them all in the cabinet. Some of these options worked at first but didn't stick. I am confident that this solution will actually stick! And I made it for under $5.

diy drawer organizer for spices organize spices once and for all

I used 3/8" x 2 pine board to make a drawer organizer for my spices. First I took measurements based on my drawer. They will probably be different for your drawer, but you'll get the idea!

Next I glued the dividers in one by one. I started with the bottom divider. I measured the height of my spices before I measured and marked where to glue the dividers.

Once the bottom divider dried, about 30 minutes, I measured, marked, and glued the second two dividers (you don't have to do them at the same time if it's hard to maneuver). The third divider required a bar clamp because one of my side pieces bowed out a bit.

You can stain, finish, or paint yours, but I didn't see a need. I think it looks great as is!

It was so easy so make. I think I want to make one for the junk drawer in our kitchen as well. Batteries and other random stuff.

What do you think?

I love it!

If you want to learn more about this project or see some more pics, you can visit the original blog post at the link below (by my picture). If you like this project, you should definitely check out the quick shelf I made for a deep kitchen cabinet using only scrap wood from the garage. And I'd love to have you follow me on Facebook for lots of fun DIY, home, and organizing ideas!

Brittany @by Brittany Goldwyn

• Jane Fate

It looks wonderful! Congratulations on a job well done. My question is: with the spice jars in such a tight space height and width, are they hard to get out, or do you use one less jar per space in daily use?

• Kat

My brother-in-law did this years ago and glued a thin furring strip under the spot where the tops sit so that they’re slightly elevated, making them easier to remove!

• Cynthia

Could you use paint stores that you can get from free at the hardware store to do this?