Burlap Coffee Sack Curtains

My kitchen has 7 full windows and in the direction our house sits... That means full afternoon Texas sun. I needed something to diffuse a little of the light but not all of it and had these burlap coffee sacks sitting waiting for a place to call home!!
curtains burlap coffee sack diy, home decor, repurposing upcycling, window treatments
Took an old broken footboard and gave it a new purpose!! Painted it out in APC Coral Reef, accented in Dollar Bill and stenciled with Home Plate. Attached Ribbon on the back with a screw to hold it in place so I could leave the sides to cover entire window area without interfering with crown molding on cabinets.
Hung the burlap coffee sacks with a tension rod. Just snip small hole in the bottom and push through the end.
Used the old footboard as a cute new valance. Pop of color and whimsy!!
You can see more on the blog!!

To see more: http://www.vintagecharmrestored.com/?p=3317

• Allison

How creative! Love it!

• Leslie Francisco

My house gets both morning & setting sun. In order to stop the sun from fading everything I had my windows tinted with the same material used for tinting car windows. There are many colors to choose from & they let in the light , prevent sun damage. My family room has 17 6 ft high windows & 2 skylights (it's really a fish bowl) but the tints help with the privacy issue too.