Suzanjumelet
Suzanjumelet
  • Tucson, AZ
Asked on Jan 7, 2019

How do I stop my cat from scratching my furniture?

WRI3033069DORLISMkl
+3

WhY cN you put on furniture so the cat wont scratch the heck out of the material

• Diane Farias

Try spray it with essential oil of peppermint in water. Test an out or site area first to make sure it won't damage the furniture. Then spritz the area liberally. Cats don't like peppermint. I would try about 20 drops in 6 oz of water. Shake often. As you spray. Even after the scent fades to us kitty will still smell it. You may have to tret other areas as kitty will move on to less noxious sites to scratch. Make sure kitty has their own scratching place

• Karen Brunck

I've found making small scratching posts from burlap and wood at the areas they prefer to scratch at, saves my furniture. I attach two boards in an L to a square board for the base. I attach the burlap with velcro strips on top and bottom so I can easily replace them when the cats decimate them.☺

• Morgan McBride

Aluminum foil keeps cats off. Also, tape sticky side up will deter them!

• Mkl

Cats need to scratch so giving them a place to do it is the first thing. Double sided tape also works.

• DORLIS

I have scratching posts all over the house. They also love cardboard boxes for scratching and sleeping.

• WRI3033069

I just blocked my cats from getting of my couch!