From Boring White to Colourful Tableware in Just a Few Stripes

$10

Hi everyone. I am struggling with emotional issues and needed to have a very simple creative project to keep myself mentally alert. if you know what I mean.... I'm sure some of you know what I mean....

I have a plain white IKEA tableware but it was so boring that I didn't use it anymore, but kept it because it was not broken. I bought a black and a golden porcelain pen ,2mm each, and started drawing stripes. It is very easy , the result is pretty nice and most of all...it set my mind to peace while I was doing it. So if you're having a hard time, try it and if not, just enjoy this easy project.

cheap plain white tableware from Ikea and a black and a golden 2mm porcelain pen from Panduro. any brand will do, just follow the instructions on the back. Clean your tableware, be sure there are no greasy spots and it is completely dry. take a plastic bowl with some water and a dry cloth to wipe away little mistakes or your entire drawing.

Look for some nice designs and test them out on paper first . My first idea was a dandelion but couldn't get it right.

I started drawing black stripes from down to up.it was easier than up to down. Watch out for your wrist when you turn your plate 'cause you may accidentally wipe away the drawing on the other side. Use your pink as a support. and just draw..stripe, stripe, stripe. don't need to think

second round. golden pen. This one from up to down. it gave me a little dot at the end of the stripe and I liked how it looked

I played with the bowls

the instruction said I needed to let them air dry for 4 hours before baking the ink in the oven. 200degrees Celsius for 90'. But you put your tableware in the cold oven and start the timer once you get the right temperature. so it takes more than 90' depending on how fast your oven goes. After 90' , open your oven and let it cool down. it is ready !

what do you think? black and gold

a simple upgrade

• Irina

How this dishes did not crack in a high temperature?Are they special?

• Irina

Thanks,Mary,I will definitely give it a try!!

• Connie Savoix Eshman

I am inspired, but want to know if they are dishwasher safe. Do they fade?

• Ruggsvillecounty

Looks great, but how food safe can that really be? Those plates were already glazed. So unless you put a food safe clear coat over your new artwork, I wouldn't trust it. Or are those pens made specifically for this situation?

• Nathalie van Ravels

These are pens specifically made to use on porcelain and glass. The "how to use manual" says only to Use on the edge of the Dinner plates. It doesn't say why. I thought it might be because of the use of forks and knives and scratching the design.

Thank you for your question. Much appreciated. 🙏

• Nathalie van Ravels

Hi,S,

sounds good to me ! Great idea ! Have fun making it.

• Kim

You are very creative! Love this idea! Thank you so much and I hope your are feeling better.

• Nathalie van Ravels

Thank you, Kim, your compliment is much appreciated. Still working on the mental health part but getting there ! 🙏🏻💪🤛